Wednesday, February 27, 2008

An important and helpful member of FrogsnEagles has been posting a Word of the Day. [come on by, we'd love to have you, at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FROGSnEAGLES/] I've enjoyed expanding my vocabulary and I just had to write this. New words I've learned lately are set off by italics:

Words of the Weak

I hope this won't irrupt into your life too much today,
This flippant little poem which is nettlesome but gay.

With great aplomb I know I'm writin'
English words that can be lissom.

But I'm spoony over words!
Words not dissolute (not much).
(I'm sure you've often heard,
To the trash I relegate such!)

This selfless benefaction
Will bring you satisfaction.
You ask me how I know this? Just take my word, I say!

Brother Bill more words please send?
Though my mind they sometimes bend.
My preconceptions you might slay, yet I do love you anyway!

heh heh heh

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

What these new **words mean in the poem - in my own words that is:

Words of the Weak (that's me . . .)

I hope this won't eagerly stick it's nose in into your life too much today,
This seriously not serious little poem which is pesky but gay.

With great stuffed shirtedness I know I'm writin'
English words that can be lotsa give = can be bent easily).

But I'm sappy-in-love over words!
Words not naughty, naughty (not much).
(I'm sure you've often heard,
To the trash I send to a less than worthy task/place [such!] a less than worthy person/thing )

This selfless lotsa give = can be taken happily
Will bring you satisfaction.

And so on!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

**Ya might wanna lookem' up for accuracy (;

And again - heh heh heh

by Beka copyright 2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home